Sunday, March 18, 2012

Minsky's Pizza

My brother suggested we all go out to Minsky's because they offer gluten free pizza. I'm intrigued that they only offer it in small and mini-they must not make that crust on site. Despite my assumption of a lack of freshness, the crust was actually pretty good. The flavor was pretty typical for a pizza crust; what was different was the texture. Since there was no gluten in it, the crust was somewhat drier and not chewy at all. This actually made the pizza easier to chew, so I think I ate faster than I typically would have (which is too fast anyway). I probably ate a slice or 2 too many, which of course spoiled my dinner. It totally did not spoil my snacking. I don't know who started this misconception that eating gluten free will help you lose weight; there's still plenty of junk to binge on!
So, I totally recommend the pizza, but if you're prone to overeating, watch yourself (or eat some fruit before you go so your stomach feels fuller).

No comments:

Post a Comment